The Atlantic Chapter of the Eastern Region of APPA is pleased to extend the “Call for Presentations” for ERAPPA 2020 to all ERAPPA Education Members, Business Partners, and Vendors. We look to our colleagues, suppliers and related stakeholders to submit presentations that will be innovative, inspiring, insightful and solution-focused. The program is designed not only to educate and inspire our members but also to ensure they have the tools and skills they require as leaders within their respective institutions.
Please submit a presentation for consideration for the annual ERAPPA conference to be held in Saint John, New Brunswick, September 27 through September 30, 2020. These presentations will be part of the educational program on September 28th and 29th.
The ERAPPA 2020 Host Committee has chosen this year’s theme as: VISION
This year’s theme reflects the many aspects of “VISION” that are essential within Facilities Management.
The approximately 400 attendees of the conference will be facility management professionals of universities, colleges, community colleges and K-12 schools from educational institutions from around the northeastern United States and eastern Canada, as well as a variety of business partners who support the facility’s mission. In order to best serve our entire membership, we encourage presentations that fully integrate our Canadian and American members and engage them in high-quality professional development opportunities and networking.
Presentation topics should be related to one of our five professional development tracks listed below. Presentations should address the outcomes of the project or action, either financial or quality of life. Although there are suggested subcategories, the professional development committee welcomes proposals for creative, innovative sessions within the parameters of the five (5) major topics. The ERAPPA 2020 Host Committee is also interested in other timely or relevant topics that may provide value for attendees by providing updates on technology, policy and procedures, and best practices.
Additionally, panel discussions are encouraged as a submission, in lieu of a formal presentation, particularly if the panel offers the opportunity to highlight differing approaches to a problem or situation.
Professional Development Tracks (five total)
Leadership – State of Being Able to See
- Personal Development Opportunities
- Keeping up with Technology
- Leadership Education
- Succession Planning
- Safety and Security management
First Line O&M – Something Seen
- Preventative vs Predictive Maintenance Programs
- Balancing Budget Constraints with Quality
- Integrating Increasing Mobile Applications
- Reducing Unscheduled Shutdowns and Repairs
- Life Cycle O&M
Energy and Utility – Foresight
- Energy Management Systems
- Partner Ecosystems
- Key Performance indicators
- Exceeding Industry Standards
- Climate Change Imperatives – Innovative Conservation and Management Strategies
Projects – Out of the power of Imagination
- Balancing Budget Constraints with Quality
- Emotional Intelligence
- Contract and Procurement
- Lean / Six Sigma
- PM – Trends
Planning – The Ability to Plan the Future
- Do’s and Don’ts: Successful Planning and Common Pitfalls
- Data-Driven Decision Making
- Adapting to New Styles of Working
- Emphasis on Employee Experience
- Strategic Importance of Space Management
Presentations from ERAPPA member institutions and business partners are welcomed. Business partner presentations are expected to have an institutional member as co-presenter. In fact, joint presentations that showcase effective partnerships between business partners and institutions are encouraged. Presentations must be non-proprietary in nature, and cannot advertise a product or service. The Professional Development committee will review the submissions for:
- Relevance to the conference theme
- Timeliness and interest of the topic to facilities professionals
- Innovative ideas
- Qualification(s) of the presenter(s)
- Strong involvement of an institution on the presentation team
The Committee may apply a preference for presentations that highlight an institution that is local or regional to the conference location.
- Educational sessions are 60 minutes in length, including time for questions.
- Presentations will be placed on standard ERAPPA PowerPoint templates.
- Presentations will be required to be submitted for review and approval prior to the conference
- Presenters are expected to register for the conference.
Learning Units and Professional Development Credits
Although attendees typically seek topics of interest to them personally or to their employer, they may also be seeking presentations that provide them with continuing education credits (i.e., AIA credits) in a variety of disciplines. If a presentation can or may provide credits in any category, it should be identified as such in the submission, by marking the appropriate checkboxes. The ERAPPA Professional Development Committee will also work with presenters who feel their presentations may be applicable for credits and submit them for educational credits. ERAPPA is a registered AIA/CES provider.
The deadline for submissions is extended to Friday, February 7, 2020 @ 12:00pm (noon) AST
Submissions will only be accepted online at http://www.erappa2020.org/presentation-submission-form
Ensure the submissions also contains the following:
- Contact person and contact information for future correspondence, if different from the presenter(s)
- Learning outcomes
Questions may be directed to the ERAPPA 2020 Host Professional Development Committee Co-Chairs: